Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Hikma has a new opening in the Information Technology department as an Applications Technical Manager. Below is a summary of the position:
· Reporting to: Sr. IT Applications Manager
· Department: IT Applications
Area: Amman, Jordan
- Coordinates the work activities of the team including overseeing the day-to-day work.
- Develop, implement and review standard operating procedures and work practices that focus on promoting and supporting standardization and continuous implementation.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software / proceudres developed and/or acquired.
- Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Maintains user management and authorization.
- Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Perform application tuning, configuration, monitoring, and administration.
- Maintain SLA, System Availability, Capacity Management, and Performance KPI.
- Understand and support all system interfaces for assigned applications.
- Build custom reports and dashboards to support management decision making.
- Acting and managing the 3rd party vendors for all support and implementation project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources.
- (5-6) years of work experience in software applications administration.
- (3+) experience with SQL Server or other RDBMS systems.
- Experience with IIS administration or Apache Tomcat.
- (4+) years of work experience in complex systems design, and systems software and support.
- Knowledge operating system administration, enterprise backup and recovery proceudres, and system performance monitoring tools; principles and practices of effective management and supervision.
- Demonstrated project management techniques and skills.
- Ability to: Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with policies/procedures.
- Working within ITIL or other IT best practices frameworks.
- (3+) years of experience in operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation.
A bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information technology, or management of information systems (MIS).
Computer Science, IT, MIS